There are many types of dental restorations, including dental crowns. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. At our dental office, we provide tooth-colored, aesthetic dental crowns. Dr. Mark Andrews may recommend a dental crown in Kirkland, Washington, to:
– Support a tooth that has a large filling
– Restore the shape and function of a broken or severely worn down tooth
– Anchor a dental bridge
– Cover a tooth that is misshapen or badly discolored
– Keep a weak tooth from breaking
– Hold a cracked tooth together
– Cover a dental implant
– Improve the appearance of a tooth
Dental crowns generally last between five and fifteen years. How long a crown lasts depends on the amount of wear and tear it is exposed to. The lifespan of a crown also depends on how well the individual practices dental hygiene, as well as their mouth-related habits. For example, chewing ice, clenching teeth, and biting fingernails can shorten the lifespan of a dental crown.
For more information about dental crowns and to schedule your next visit with our dentist, we invite you to contact our dental office today.